Monday, December 14, 2009

My Gasser Days


This is my "John Wayne" shot at the Winter Nationals back in the 60s.

I got the chance to drive a very famous gasser against a mad man at the Nationals when the regular drive crumbled like a cookie at the thought of losing that race.

Me, I was not scared and when the team owners asked I stepped up and drove this ride into the history books.

Due to a mess up by the guy doing the article for "Draggin News" the other guy who did not drive got the credit and not me.


Lucky for that other driver I really did not want his job full time. As you can see the team owners were offering me some serious cash to take over the full time driving duties but I passed.

I loved old Pebble and Tree but I wanted to stay independent.

Instead of SWC though the car could have been SWRRR for the Rat Rod Rodder.

Maybe SWR cubed would have looked even Kooler?

No comments:

Post a Comment