Monday, January 18, 2010

Some Italian Stallions!


I may be a hot blooded all American rockabilly hot rodder but I like me some red cars with horses from time to time and I can do more than drive a rail in a straight line.

For years I had a history with Ferrari and I was so well known that a certain German mark tried to steal me away from the red horse guys and wanted me to pilot one of them little silver cars.

Here I am running for my good buddy Enzo Ferrari in '57 at Le Mans. My pardner that year was cat named Enzo Gorlomi. He was some sort of stuntman in Italian films but he got on my nerves with this crazy fear of basements he had.



I raced for them again in '62 under the management of Dominick Decocco and my teammate was a dude named Antonio Margheriti (that names has some music in it don't it?)

Funny thing is as I mentioned above the Germans tried real hard to get me to race for them in '62 but the guy they wanted me to share a car with was a creepy goon named Hans Landa. He was a gossipy little twerp with a thing for milk. As pilots go he was decent but I was pretty fond of my Italian buddies and stuck with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment